Friday, May 13, 2011

Get Em While They're Hot!!

Test run for Misti's wedding!

They are soo yummy!
I'm doing it! Easter Sunday at my mother-in-law's I noticed an email she had printed off from a friend entitled "Cake Pops." I was immediately interested. I don't really like a lot of desserts but lately I have been helping my sister Misti plan her wedding on a tight budget. I thought these were a great idea for a refreshment that will compliment what we have already picked. They couldn't be that hard right? Right.... Only problem is they are disgusting. They have a play dough consistency and after much research these things are getting very popular but hardly anyone has fixed this serious problem. A lot people have also complained about them being way too sweet. I don't like either of these problems. In fact, when I made them the first time I forced myself to bite into it and gagged and had to spit it out.

My point is that I have perfected these cake pops better than anyone I can find online or at bakeries. They are delicious and so easy to eat! After a lot of hesitation Spence and I have decided that I will start selling them. I haven't worked out everything yet but I am really excited and nervous. It isn't going to be anything big. I'm just going to put it out there and see where it goes. I love the idea for weddings, birthdays, showers, basically any kind of party. I can design them however you would want them too.

Keep in mind we decided this last night. I came up with a name and registered a blog (justrightcakepops.blogspot.com) but that is it! I haven't came up with a price list nor do I have pictures of all of my ideas but if you can dream it I can probably make it work. Give me some feedback and wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment